Sunday, November 11, 2007

Twenty Six

I stopped
to see someone
who looked like me

"Welcome" she said
and I looked at the pasture
behind her
The meadow was spread
wide and green
"Tempting" said I
And looked back
Nostalgia struck
and I refused to move

She burst into a giggle
and said
"what are you holding on to?,
Every year you try and I win"
I agreed and embraced
Twenty Six and more to come
With a smile and my head held high
I welcomed her into my life
and looked content
into the promising shades of green

4 comments:

Prashanth(MSP) said...

I liked the ambience of this blog. :)

Unknown said...

nicely put...
subtle way of expressing that you are a year older than before..
great collection here..
cheers

Manasvi. said...

@ Prashanth: That picture is clicked by yours truly :).

@ Arthi: Thank You :)

Karthik "KK" said...

this is really nice one. first time visitor to this blog of urs .. (linked thru deepak's blog-the name manasvi is very special to me hence.)
cheers n tc
Karthik "KK"