Sunday, November 11, 2007

Mumbai

A big bang
in the distant suburbs.
Metal splinters
pierce through
the skin,
Screams and yells.
Pain flashed
for the world to see
Tears, blood
and gore
For some
It was business
"We are the first"
and the most insensitive
For some,
Hearts bled
drops of hot tears
flowed like a river
Some rejoiced
drinking glassful
of yeasted drink
But still the city
sprung back
with a vengence
Smiles flashed
Peace prevailed
Hands joined together
to say
You can never defeat us
for we are strong
We face life head on
We never say die
Come what may
You wont win
Cause we are
The angels of peace


Mumbai: A place where I was born.The place which made me the person Iam,The place which taught me to appreciate life and live life to the fullest. The place which taught me to dream and also to achieve my dreams..

This poem dedicated to Majhi Mumbai. Tu nehmi ashich sundar raho, heech majhi iccha

No comments: