Sunday, November 11, 2007

For all puppies and doggies..

The little yelps
Eyes unopened
Sniffing the scent
of milk
"Mommy....."
They cried

A human stood
looking at them
Brown and Black..
Yellow and White
Smelling of their own poo.
Suckling on my fingers
Dirty little babies!!!

"Salty milk?"
"this aint milk"
The smart one declared
" This aint mommy either"
Yelp Yelp!! Little bow wows
They crawled away from me

"Putti...!!!,
Here are your babies
Covered with poo"
Mommy looked
"come come come,
My hungry puppies"

The babies slept
suckling on
mommies breast
Putti smiled,

Ah!! such are the joys of motherhood


This poem is for the 5 new born pups and their mom Putti, who has been living in our locality since God knows when. And yup, I cleaned the puppies and washed my hands too. He he he.

No comments: